EUS IT Committee
|Previously Known As:||
Saul Valery Cano|
Marion Olivier |
Ousmane Barcisse |
|Server Manager (New Position)||
The EUS Information Technology (IT) Committee, headed by the IT Director, manages the computer-based resources of the EUS. The committee seeks to provide excellent tech-relevant services to the EUS. Ever visited the EUS Wiki? Seen those screens displaying slides about engineering? Visited a webpage of an EUS group? You've seen the work of the IT Committee, though there is much more. The various services are It recently won the "Most Improved Committee" in the EUS of 2016-2017.
IT Director (1)
- Manage the Linux servers which run the various IT services.
- Provide oversight to the IT Committee
- Work with hardware, software, code, networking, and everything inbetween
- Start projects that interest you and provide services to the EUS community.
More info: IT Director
TeN Managers (2)
- Accept, evaluate for quality, organize, and upload TeN slides
- Maintain TeN clients and occasionally install new TeN clients
- Increase awareness of TeN as a promotion network for EUS groups
More info: TeN, TeN Manager
- Collaborate with co-webmaster to develop and maintain the main EUS website, mcgilleus.ca.
- Support subsidiary EUS groups with the design of their websites
- Identify areas of need in the EUS for new web design projects
More info: Webmasters
Wiki Curators (2)
- Communicate with members of the EUS community to coordinate creation, maintenance, and improvement of wiki content
- Lead efforts at new features (ex. class pages) of the wiki, which aim to benefit the EUS community
- Aid wiki contributors in matching the style of, and including media in, wiki articles
More info: Wiki Curator
History of the Committee