Ryan Reszetnik, VP Finance|
Andrew Xie, Funds Director
|Allocators||Clubs Fund Council|
|Who can apply||EUS recognized Clubs|
The Clubs Fund is an EUS fund which exists to provide financial support to our clubs! The funding is allocated by the Clubs Funding Committee (generally referred to as CFC) on the basis of funding requests or proposals from clubs. Funding allocation is determined according to the Clubs Fund Bylaws.
All clubs are eligible to make a funding request to the CFC, but applying for or receiving EUS funding is not necessary to maintain club status.
Although there are no strict policies outlining how the Clubs Fund is allocated, their is a set of guidelines that indicate best practices and expectations when applying for funding. These are outlined below, but more detail can be found in the Clubs Fund Guidelines Document.
Funding For Long Projects
- Applying for funding for projects spanning many years is generally discouraged, it is best to apply for these funds on a year-by-year basis as you make purchases relevant to the project
- If you do plan on applying for funding for a long project, consider providing a detailed plan outlining what you will do to ensure the project is seen to completion
- For Clubs with large budgets it is encouraged to apply for funding from additional sources, such as MESC or SSMU
- Having a clean, comprehensive budget, made using the EUS template, is key to ensuring your funding request is approved
- Funds for club merch/swag for members are typically not approved
- Exceptions for the above include when the apparel is integral to your Club's operation or it is your Club's only expense to encourage involvement
Remember, the above are only guidelines, and actual funding allocations may deviate year-to-year!