Engineering Career Centre
|Office Hours||8:30AM - 5:00PM|
|Drop-In Hours||10-11AM, 3-4PM|
The Engineering Career Centre (ECC), an integral part of the McGill Engineering Student Centre (MESC), provides students with opportunities to gain career-related experience through internships (Engineering Internship Program); connect with employers; learn about various career paths; develop their job search skills; and more.
In order to be eligible for the service offered by ECC, you must be an undergraduate enrolled in the Faculty of Engineering (or Bioresource). Services are offered to graduate students and Alumni as well. Undergraduates enrolled in the Faculty of Engineering are required to pay a non-optoutable $50/semester fee.
- CV & Cover Letter Reviews
- ECC provides sample CVs, individual CV review sessions (drop-ins or appointments), cover letter workshops, and more.
- Interview Preparation
- Employers expect you to be thoroughly prepared for your interview. Preparation and practice are key. ECC offers Mock Interview Days as well as general interview workshops.
- Internship Credits
- If you are looking to go on internship during your university career, you are eligible to get credits for it (FACC 200). It requires being a fulltime student before and after the work term. If you complete two 4 month terms or one 8 month + term, you're eligible for Internship Program designation, switching your B.Eng to a B.Eng Internship Program.
The Engineering Career Center offers a wide array of workshops to build you into the ideal candidate for companies. Workshops include
- All About Internships
- Building Your Network with LinkedIn
- Engineering Your CV
- Hire Education workshop series
- Job Search Strategies
- Mastering the Interview
- Salary and Job Offer Negotiation
- Surviving On-Campus Recruitment
- Techfair Tips
- Writing Convincing Cover Letters
Workshops are offered throughout the year; to see the schedule, navigate to
myFuture > Events > Workshops