|Co-Chairs||Julia Warren, Maxim Vitale|
|VP Academic||Anna Ciprick|
|VP Branding||Paola Prado|
|VP Conference||Eyas Hassan|
|VP Finance||Elsa Chelala|
|VP Internal||Shivam Aery|
Engaged Learning in Engineering (ELINE) is an EUS committee founded in Summer 2020 focused on promoting a culture of engaged learning among the engineering student community.
Engaged Learning in Engineering (ELINE) is an EUS committee at McGill University under the Engineering Undergraduate Society (EUS).
ELINE's objectives are:
- To promote a culture of engaged learning through its events and initiatives;
- To develop resources for student learning;
- To support existing Faculty of Engineering bodies such as ELATE and MESC in regards to student learning;
- To support EUS and SSMU clubs and committees in regards to student learning.
The ELINE Conference will be held annually in the winter semester. All McGill students will be welcome to attend a day dedicated to engaged learning. The conference will feature speakers and workshops that will help students take charge of their learning.
Learning Research Report
ELINE will be producing a Learning Research Report that will compile novel learning and teaching methods. All students will have access to the report in order to stay up to date on the latest developments in learning and teaching strategies.
Past Years: A Brief History
Fall 2020 - Winter 2021
- ELINE Conference in March 2021 featuring workshops and talks by esteemed speakers and researchers Dr. Saundra McGuire, Dr. Barbara Oakley, Dr. Pratim Sengupta, and Dr. Emily Moore, among a series of student-hosted and faculty-led panels and workshops:
- A special talk from McGill's Engineering Career Centre on finding your own mentor;
- The Panel on Accessibility in Academics with McGill's EUS Mental Health, OSD, and LWA;
- The Student Panel on Diversity in Engineering with McGill's POWE, NSBE, and Queer Engineer student organizations;
- An ELINE Student Speaker Series starring a U1 Computer Engineering (ECSE) student on the subject of The future of FDM 3D printing;
- A collaboration between ELINE and TECHWEEK to host the Learning and Memory Workshop;
- A collaboration between ELINE and Skills21 to host the Time Management 101 - Engineering Edition Workshop;
- A 5-part ELINE Podcast, titled The Remoteness of It All, which can be found on Spotify, Podbean, and Apple Podcasts;
- A social media series titled MythBusters: Learning Edition debunking learning myths.
The following members form the advisory board:
- ELINE executive committee;
- Two ELATE representatives;
- EUS VP Academic;
- EPTS Representative;
- McGill Engine Representative;
- Wellness Hub Representative;
- MESC Representative;
- One (1) or two (2) EUS Equity Representative(s);
- E-IDEA Representative.
Chair: email@example.com (not to be confused with firstname.lastname@example.org, which is currently inactive)
VP Communications: email@example.com
VP Conference: firstname.lastname@example.org
VP External: email@example.com
VP Finance: firstname.lastname@example.org
VP Resource Development: email@example.com (now formally VP Academic)