Please call 1-877-644-4545 if you are experiencing have a fever or cough. The nearest testing facility is at Hotel Dieu (near New Residence), appointments via the hotline are required.
General McGill COVID-19 Updates
- McGill University is suspending all classes, teaching labs, exams and other assessments (except theses defenses) for two weeks, effective March 15th.
- There will be no in-person final examinations. The alternative assessment plan will be communicated before the end of March. The term will not be extended.
- All student events have been cancelled.
Prevention and Resources
Important Guidelines (https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/#c46341):
- Avoid group gatherings, no matter the size.
- Avoid public transport, visitors.
- Practice social distancing; stay home.
- Postpone non-urgent, non-necessary medical appointments.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water, use masks, regularly clean phone surface.
- Call 1-877-644-4545 if you are experiencing symptoms, do not go to your local clinic or hospital. Self-Isolate.
- McGill University: https://www.mcgill.ca/coronavirus/
- Government of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
- Government of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/#c46341
- International Students: https://www.getmaple.ca/ - The Maple Healthcare Application
"All classes, teaching labs, exams and other assessments are suspended for two weeks – except theses defenses." An assessment is anything that is worth a grade in the course. This ranges from assignments to labs to take-home/online midterms. Unfortunately, some professors are refusing to abide by this rule, and are having assessments in the next two weeks. This is not allowed. To deal with this, a Google Form has been created to fill out and let the VP Academic know of any instructors who are not conforming to the two-week suspension period.
Please contact Abtin Ameri at email@example.com for more information.
EUS events and services will be suspended effective immediately until March 27th. We strongly recommend that all EUS groups (such as design teams and clubs) suspend all events and large gatherings until that date as well. This is in accordance with the closure of Quebec universities and is critical for inhibiting the spread of the virus.
Graduation Events: Iron Ring Ceremony and Iron Ring Wine & Cheese have been officially cancelled, information about refunds will be coming out shortly.
EUS Council has been suspended for the time being, updates will be coming soon as the situation develops with McGill. Plumber's Ball is still in consideration and updates will be coming soon as we know more.
Finally, the EUS office will be open from 10am-2pm on Tuesdays and Thursday to allow for critical financial matters while mitigating the spread of COVID-19.
- Download and fill out this form fillable PDF: Cheque Requisition#Electronic Form. Still must be signed by Financial Officer.
- Include mailing address on the pink slip.
- If the cheque has already been submitted without a mailing address, please fill out this mailing list form.
- Scan all documents and combine into one PDF. Email single PDF per cheque req to []
- Cheque will be mailed to you.
If your cheque was rejected, resubmit with corrections.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for specific instructions.
Suspended until further notice.
Short Term Student Space Fund (SSF)
Deadline will be flexible. For small purchases, please have them delivered to your house if possible, submit cheque requisitions as above. For larger purchases, or ones not able to delivered, please hold off, more information will follow.