Vertical Flight Society
Vertical Flight Society (VFS) aspires to advance the involvement of vertical flight enthusiasts at McGill University in the industry.
|Links||Facebook, Website, LinkedIn|
- General History
The vertical flight society has been established in 2018. It has never stopped growing since. The chapter hosted guest lecturers, interesting events and most importantly went to the 2019 drone competition and won the 3rd place.
- History of the executive team
2020-2021: 8 execs with successful events both online and in person! 2021-2022: 8 execs and hopefully more active members!
What we do
- Drone Tutorials
- Drone Workshops
- Virtual Speaker Series
- In-Person Speaker Series (tentative)
- Industry Tour
- Case Competition with other clubs (AERO / Robotics / MIAE …)
- DBVF Competition
- McGill Robotics
- McGill aCADemy
VFS Projects Team / DBVF Competition
- Team of 10, led by VP Projects
- Design and build a drone to complete an obstacles circuit while carrying a payload and to demonstrate autonomous flight
- 2021's competition size requirements: 15 lbs (6.8 kg) max weight, 6.5 ft (1.98 m) max dimensions