Engineering Games Committee EngGames Policy
|What is a policy?|
Article 1: Definitions
- 1.1 The Engineering Undergraduate Society of McGill University (hereafter referred as “ EUS ”) is the registered name of the non-for-profit corporation representing the engineering and architecture undergraduate students at McGill University
- 1.2 The Board of Governors of the EUS is the administrative board of the Engineering Undergraduate Society of McGill University which is composed of Administrators as defined by the EUS Constitution
- 1.3 EUS Groups shall be defined as officially recognized groups under the EUS Constitution such as Clubs & Design Teams, Departmental Societies, and Committees.
- 1.4 The Bioresource Engineering Student Society (herein referred as "BESS") is the association that represents students registered in the bioresource engineering undergraduate program of the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences at McGill University.
- 1.5 The Quebec Confederation for Engineering Student Outreach (herein referred as “QCESO”) is a confederation regrouping student societies of faculties and schools offering engineering programs in the province of Quebec.
- 1.6 The Quebec Engineering Games (herein referred as “the Games”) is a five (5) day competition between universities overseen by QCESO.
- 1.7 The Course aux Jeux (herein referred as “the Race”) is a series of events prior to the Games.
- 1.8 The McGill Engineering Games Committee (herein referred as “EngGames Committee”) is an organizing committee of the EUS overseen by the VP External of the EUS.
- 1.9 The McGill Delegation to the Quebec Engineering Games (herein referred as “Delegation”) is the group of McGill undergraduate engineering students representing McGill University at the Games.
- 1.10 The Organizing Committee of the Quebec Engineering Games (herein referred as “the OC”) is an organizing committee of the QCESO overseen by the Board of Directors of QCESO.
Article 2: Purpose/Mission
- 2.1 Promote the Games within McGill Engineering students.
- 2.2 Oversee the preparation and logistics of the Delegation and the Race, and at various events related to the Games hosted by other schools.
Article 3: Membership
- 3.1 The EngGames Committee shall be composed of the following positions:
- 3.1.1 Chair(s);
- 3.1.2 Vice President Competition;
- 3.1.3 Vice President Finance;
- 3.1.4 Vice President Gear;
- 3.1.5 Two (2) Vice Presidents Machine;
- 3.1.6 Vice President MacDonald Campus;
- 3.1.7 Vice President Social;
- 3.1.8 Vice President Sponsorship;
- 3.2 There shall be up to two (2) Chair(s):
- 3.2.1 The Chair(s) shall be selected by a Selection Committee prior to the end of the current Chair’s term.
- 184.108.40.206 Members of BESS may be interviewed for the position and must receive the endorsement of the Vice President External of BESS prior to the interview.
In the event that the Chair selected is a member of BESS, another chair shall be selected who is a Regular Member of the EUS to Co-Chair.
- 3.3 Members of the EngGames Committee shall be selected by an interview process conducted by the Chair(s).
Article 4: Duties of the Committee
- 4.1 The Chair(s) shall:
- 4.1.1 Call and chair committee meetings;
- 4.1.2 Oversee event planning operations;
- 4.1.3 Act as Financial Officer(s) of the committee;
- 220.127.116.11 If the Chair is an Associate Member of the EUS, they cannot be a Financial Officer and must appoint it to another member of the committee who is a Regular Member of the EUS.
- 4.1.4 Report the committee’s activities to the VP External of the EUS;
- 4.1.5 Complete duties outside of their mandate as necessary to ensure the success of the committee.
- 4.2 The VP Competition shall:
- 4.2.1 Plan practices for the Delegation to the Games;
- 4.2.2 Select, along with the Chair, the Delegation members participating in each competition of the Games;
- 4.2.3 Ensure proper equipment is available for the Delegation during the Games.
- 4.3 The VP Finance shall:
- 4.3.1 Act as a Financial Officer of the committee;
- 4.3.2 Oversee the committee’s budget and expenditures.
- 4.4 The VP Gear shall:
- 4.4.1 Oversee the planning, logistics, and implementation of the uniform for the Race and the Delegation.
- 4.5 The VPs Machine shall:
- 4.5.1 Oversee the planning, logistics, and execution of the Machine Competition;
- 4.5.2 Be responsible for the space allocated to the committee.
- 4.6 The VP MacDonald Campus shall:
- 4.6.1 Promote the Games at the MacDonald Campus of McGill University;
- 4.6.2 Ensure communication between BESS participants, BESS Delegation members, and the EngGames Committee.
- 4.7 The VP Social shall:
- 4.7.1 Promote events related to the Race and the Games;
- 4.7.2 Act as intermediate for events related to the Race at other universities;
- 4.7.3 Collect registration fees from Race participation.
- 4.8 The VP Sponsorship shall:
- 4.8.1 Procure sponsorship.
- 4.9 All members of the committee must be members of the EUS.
Article 5: Formation of the McGill Delegation
- 5.1 The Delegation shall be composed of Regular Members of the EUS and members of BESS.
- 5.1.1 At least 75% of the Delegation must be Regular Members of the EUS.
- 5.2 A complete list of the Delegation shall be sent to the Vice President External of the EUS and to the Vice President External of BESS for review.
- 5.2.1 This shall be done prior to the deadline set by the OC.
Article 6: Finance
- 6.1 The budget for the EngGames Committee shall be maintained and presented as required in accordance with the Financial Bylaws of the EUS.
Article 7: Amendments
- 7.1 Amendments to this policy must be approved by a simple majority vote of the Board of Governors of the EUS.