Space Director Policy
|What is a policy?|
ENGINEERING UNDERGRADUATE SOCIETY OF MCGILL UNIVERSITY SPACE DIRECTOR Policy Adopted April 2017, Amended August 2017
Article 1: Definitions
- 1.1 The Engineering Undergraduate Society of McGill University (hereafter referred to as “ EUS ”) is the registered name of the non-for-profit corporation representing the engineering and architecture undergraduate students at McGill University
- 1.2 The Board of Governors of the EUS is the administrative board of the Engineering Undergraduate Society of McGill University which is composed of Administrators as defined by the EUS Constitution
- 1.3 The EUS shall recognise all Departmental Societies, Clubs, and Design Teams set forth in the relevant articles of the EUS Constitution as EUS Groups
- 1.4 The rooms operated by the EUS or any groups belonging to the EUS shall be known herein as the “ EUS Spaces ” and shall include: Infosys (McConnell Engineering Building Room 9), The Common Room (McConnell Engineering Building Room 21), The Committee Room (McConnell Engineering Building Room 8), Clubs Hub (McConnell Engineering Building Room 21), MEDN (McConnell Engineering Building Room 23), The EUS Office (McConnell Engineering Building Room 8), as well as the locations of the EUS commercial services and departmental society spaces.
Article 2: Purpose/Mission
- 2.1 The purpose of the Space Director shall be to::
- 2.1.1 Assist in the planning and/or the execution of renovations for any of the EUS Spaces upon the request of the individual, department, club, or design team who is in charge of maintaining the EUS Space in question.:
- 2.1.2 Assist the EUS Executives with long-term visions in relation to any of the EUS Spaces.
Article 3: Responsibilities
- 3.1 The Space Director shall be held accountable to the Vice President Services of the EUS.
- 3.2 The Space Director may do any of the following to assist in the renovations of an EUS Space::
- 3.2.1 Meet with the relevant party to discuss ideas for the renovation project.:
- 3.2.2 Prepare a proposal for the renovations.:
- 3.2.3 Prepare a quote for the proposed renovations.:
- 3.2.4 Present a list of the items, equipment, and/or contractors required to complete the project.:
- 3.2.5 Purchase the required items and/or equipment and hire any external contractors.:
- 3.2.6 Perform any of the renovation tasks that are within the capabilities of the Space Director.
- 3.3 The Space Director may be asked by the EUS Executives to lead a renovation project on one of the EUS spaces that fall under the purview of EUS Executives.:
- 3.3.1 The Space Director shall perform all required tasks to plan and execute the project.:
- 3.3.2 The Space Director may request the assistance of the EUS Executives when required.:
- 3.3.3 The Space Director must receive approval from the EUS Executives on the proposal as well as the budget of the project before proceeding.
Article 4: Financial
- 4.1 The Space Director shall not be required to submit a yearly budget to the Vice President Finance of the EUS.
- 4.2 The finances of the projects on which the Space Director works shall be handled by the party whom the Space Director is helping.
- 4.3 In the case of Article 3.2 the Space Director may apply to the Student Space Fund to cover the expenses.
Article 5: Selection
- 5.1 The Space Director shall be selected in accordance with the relevant EUS selection committee bylaws and policies.
- 5.2 Preference shall be given to Regular Members of the EUS, but the position may be held by an Associate Member of the EUS.
Article 6: Amendments
- 6.1 Amendments to this policy must be approved by a simple majority vote of the Board of Governors of the EUS
Article 7: Interpretation
- 7.1 In the case of a conflict between this policy and the following documents, the following documents prevail in the order they are listed in::
- 7.1.1 The Quebec Companies Act:
- 7.1.2 The EUS Letters Patent:
- 7.1.3 The EUS Constitution:
- 7.1.4 The EUS Bylaws