Engineering Games Committee EngGames Policy
|What is a policy?|
Article 1: Definitions
- 1.1 The Engineering Undergraduate Society of McGill University (hereafter referred as “ EUS ”) is the registered name of the non-for-profit corporation representing the engineering and architecture undergraduate students at McGill University
- 1.2 The Board of Governors of the EUS is the administrative board of the Engineering Undergraduate Society of McGill University which is composed of Administrators as defined by the EUS Constitution
- 1.3 The EUS shall recognise all Departmental Societies, Clubs, and Design Teams set forth in the relevant articles of the EUS Constitution as EUS Groups
- 1.4 The Engineering Social Committee shall be referred to as “ ESC ” hereafter
Article 2: Purpose
- 2.1 Organizing events for all engineering students throughout the academic year.
- 2.2 Increasing involvement and participation in engineering events by offering a wide variety of activities.
- 2.3 Organizing cross-faculty events in order to allow engineering students to interact with other faculties on a more regular basis.
- 2.4 Promoting engineering spirit & culture outside the engineering faculty.
- 2.5 Hosting staple annual events & creating new annual events.
- 2.6 Events can include but are not limited to: century clubs, balls, bus trips, movie nights, beer die league, 3-man, etc.
- 2.7 Explore new event ideas and request feedback from the community.
Article 3: Membership
- 3.1 The ESC shall be lead by one chair or two co-chairs, depending on the results of the selection committee.
- 3.2 Three Vice President Positions:
- 3.2.1 Vice President of Communications
- 3.2.2 Vice President of External Relations
- 3.2.3 Vice President of Finance
- 18.104.22.168 The chair or co-chair of the ESC may also take on the role of Vice President of Finance if it is decided that none will be selected.
- 3.3 General Members
- 3.3.1 General Members can attend
- 3.4 Should follow the organizing committee bylaws with respect to chief selection
Article 4: Responsibilities
- 4.1 Chair or Co-Chairs
- 4.1.1 Manage the ESC and plan the semesterly events calendar which must be completed before the start of each semester.
- 4.1.2 Be in communication with the Vice President Internal of the EUS about events and inform them of changes in the event calendar.
- 4.1.3 Hold weekly meetings if possible during the semester with a minimum of two VPs.
- 4.2 Vice President of Communications
- 4.2.1 Advertise events to the Engineering community.
- 4.2.2 Responsible for leading and organizing all promotional activities such as social media , posters ,tabling , and ticket sales
- 4.2.3 Coordinate with Vice President Internal of the EUS to broaden the committee’s communications network.
- 4.2.4 Maintain social media platforms and ensure they are up to date on specific happenings of the ESC.
- 4.3 Vice President of External Relations
- 4.3.1 Responsible for expanding and maintaining relationships with external organizations, sponsors and departments.
- 4.3.2 Coordinate with our external partners to organize events and excursions.
- 4.3.3 Establish clear roles with effective, trust-based relationships between the Committee and our partners.
- 4.4 Vice President of Finance
- 4.4.1 To oversee spending in the ESC and ensure that the budget is respected.
- 4.4.2 To procure sponsorship for the ESC and its events.
- 4.4.3 To submit funding applications to the McGill Engineering Student Center, the Students Society of McGill University and other McGill funding sources deemed relevant.
- 4.4.4 To submit a budget request to the Vice President Finance including forecasts for all events planned that semester.
- 4.4.5 To oversee collection of ticket sales from the event participants.
- 4.4.6 To make deposits into the ESC bank account and submit cheque requisition forms,on behalf of the ESC.
Article 5: Amendments
- 5.1 Amendments to this policy must be approved by a simple majority vote of the Board of Governors of the EUS