Corporate Relations Policy
|What is a policy?|
ENGINEERING UNDERGRADUATE SOCIETY OF MCGILL UNIVERSITY CORPORATE RELATIONS Policy Adopted August 2016, Amended August 2017
Article 1: Definitions
- 1.1 The Engineering Undergraduate Society of McGill University (hereafter referred to as “EUS”) is the registered name of the non-for-profit corporation representing the engineering and architecture undergraduate students at McGill University
- 1.2 The Board of Governors of the EUS is the administrative board of the Engineering Undergraduate Society of McGill University which is composed of Administrators as defined by the EUS Constitution
- 1.3 The EUS shall recognise all Departmental Societies, Clubs, and Design Teams set forth in the relevant articles of the EUS Constitution as EUS Groups .
Article 2: Purpose
- 2.1 This policy shall out lay the way the EUS handles its corporate relations.
- 2.2 Additionally, it shall out lay the composition of the Corporate Relations Committee and the duties and role of the Corporate Relations Director..
Article 3: Membership
- 3.1 There shall be a maximum of (1) Corporate Relations Director as selected by a Selection Committee
- 3.2 The Corporate Relations Committee shall be composed of:
- 3.2.1 The Corporate Relations Director;
- 3.2.2 A compliance manager, selected from members-at-large by a selection committee;
- 3.2.3 Representatives, selected from members-at-large by a selection committee.
Article 4: Responsibilities
- 4.1 The Corporate Relations Committee shall:
- 4.1.1 Work on maintaining the current relations of the EUS with its sponsors and suppliers;
- 4.1.2 Find new sponsorship opportunities for the EUS;
- 4.1.3 Find new partnerships with suppliers and local businesses.
- 4.2 The Compliance Manager shall ensure that the EUS and its partners respect all valid contracts.
- 4.3 The Corporate Relations Director shall:
- 4.3.1 Chair the Corporate Relations Committee;
- 4.3.2 Work with the rest of the committee on the goals defined herein;
- 4.3.3 Work with any other EUS Group to help them find new sponsorship opportunities;
- 4.3.4 Work with the Open Air Pub Committee to find sponsorship opportunities and suppliers.
Article 5: Budget
- 5.1 All of the expenses related to the activities of the Corporate Relations Committee and the Corporate Director defined herein shall be included in the Vice President Finance of the EUS discretionary budget.
Article 6: Amendments
- 6.1 Amendments to this policy must be approved by a simple majority vote of the Board of Governors of the EUS.
Article 7: Interpretation
- 7.1 In the case of a conflict between this policy and the following documents, the following documents prevail in the order they are listed in:
- 7.1.1 The Quebec Companies Act
- 7.1.2 The EUS Letters Patent
- 7.1.3 The EUS Constitution
- 7.1.4 The EUS Financial Bylaws